Ten acres of property was purchased in 1895 by George T Fulford.
In 1896 George T Fulford approached the Olmsted Brothers, the prestigious
American firm of landscape architects founded by Frederick Law Olmsted Sr.
This firm had been responsible for the design lot Central Park in New York City
and the Mount Royal Park in Montreal.
Renowned New York landscapers Frederick and John Olmsted were hired to sculpt the grounds with gardens, statuary and fountain.
The Olmsted Brothers had a reputation for fitting their design to the natural conditions of the
site as simply,quite and as harmoniously as possible.
Family and guests bedrooms take full advantage of the wonderful river view with balconies
overlooking the landscape and St Lawrence River.